Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Adaptive Art: Intermediate Colors





Students started by stamping yellow paint onto their paper using a balloon dipped in paint. (Always tape paper to table!)  This also makes an interesting texture! Students then stamped green over the top to create yellow-green. This was a nice project for color mixing. My 5th graders were in the middle of a project involving intermediate colors so this was the project my Adaptive Art students created to involve an intermediate color scheme. They added an abstract line design over the top using glue which I had added black paint into. I used a clear glue but I think next time I will use white glue, as the result was a little thin. I've used white glue+black paint  before and it worked much better. They really enjoyed the balloon stamping and the squeezing of the black glue onto the paper!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment